Monday, June 23, 2008

Dad's Birthday Flight to Manti

On Dad's birthday, Dad and I flew down to Manti for the Mormon Miracle Pageant. In Dad's student ward there is a flight student named Jorge who has completed over 200 flying hours that agreed to take us down to Manti so that we could watch the pageant with the rest of the ward. We felt pretty lucky to be able to fly instead of have to drive down like everyone else. We flew in a really nice plane that is worth over $500,000. Jorge was a great pilot and he gave us a really smooth flight.


I really liked the plane we flew in. It was really nice. I didn't get sick a all, even when we were doing tight circles and zero g's. Jorge let dad fly the plane for a while. He thought dad had a lot of natural ability to fly a plane, way to go dad! Jorge was really impressed.
Here is Mount Nebo. We flew out of the Spanish Fork airport. It was a beautiful sunny day with no wind at all.When we arrived at the Manti airport, we saw this ghetto little pilot's lounge. Take a look inside...
We all had a good laugh when we looked inside. How ghetto.

Here we are at the foot of the temple hill before the pageant started. The temple looked so pretty. This was the first time I got to see the pageant.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow! What a great trip.