Monday, June 23, 2008

Colorado Horse Show

This past weekend I have been in Golden, Colorado (just outside of Denver) for a horse show. I showed two horses, Patriot's Dixie Pizzazz (Pizzazz), and Image's Jazzy Ragtime Hit (Jazmine).


This is Pizzazz. I won the 3-Gait-Championship on her and after this show I am in second place overall in my circuit. My coworker, Lacey, is in first place. We are pretty happy that we are doing so well.
Kamille on Tuffy, Lacey on Majestic, and me on Pizzazz. All of our shirts were custom made by Lacey's mom. She also made Kamille and Lacey's pants and chaps. She is making me some pink chaps and pants for the next show.Lacey won almost every class she entered on Majestic. I took second in trail, barrel racing, western horsemanship, and English pleasure. I took third in western pleasure, and pole bending.

Jazmine is a three-year-old filly that I broke and trained myself with some help from Geno Middleton (the greatest foxtrotter trainer ever to live) who is from Missouri. So far I have shown her at two shows and in 5 classes and she is still undefeated. At this show, I showed her in a class with 12 other horses, all were older than her and she kicked their trash. She also won the 2-Gait-Championship where I won another belt buckle. Here is a short clip of her being shown. She is amazing. I am really looking forward to showing her at the world show.

No comments: