Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Utah Grand Horse Show

On June 20th I went to the Utah Grand Horse Show in Spanish Fork. I showed Jazmine in 3 performance events and 2 halter events. I won 4 out of the 5 classes I entered. The one that I didn't win, I got 2nd place. The classes were big, there were about 10 people in each class I was in. It was a really fun show. It was only a one day show, so it was less stressful. It was cool and even rained in the evening, which was nice. Here is a picture of the Stephen's Fox Trotters gang.


While I was at the show, Preston was running the Ragnar Relay race. He ran a total of 18 miles. He ran the whole time during his 3 legs. His last leg was 8 miles up hill. He said he about died because he was already really sore by the time he had to run the last leg. He did awesome though, I'm so proud of him! He could barely walk the next day but I think he's glad he still did it. His team got I think 68th out of over 700 teams. Not too shabby! Preston is pretty amazing.

2 comments:

Ahren said...

Congratulations to both of you! What great accomplishments. It's been awhile since your last horse show hasn't it? I bet it was enjoyable.

Tara said...

Way to go you two. I've always wanted to run a race like RAGNAR