Sunday, May 31, 2009
I'm Engaged!
Preston proposed! He asked me while we were at my parent's house. We were sitting on the house talking while my parents were on a Sunday walk up the canyon. I was just telling him how I wasn't sure what I was going to do this fall (like go to school or something else). I told him I wanted to be a part of my life but I didn't want to pressure him into marrying me if he didn't want to. I just told him that I needed to know if I was going to go to BYU or Weber State in Ogden (where he lives). You see, we have been dating for over 19 months so our relationship was getting to the point where we needed to either get married or decide on something else. Preston just sat and listened quietly when I paused for a minute and he got up and left the room! I was like "ok...." I was feeling a little mad and confused but he came back into the room and then sat down next to the couch where I was at. I was like "What??" He was acting kind of weird, he kept looking at my ring finger.. Then he slipped the ring on my finger and I was like, "Prest, what are you doing?" He said, "Oh nothing." I was like, "Well, that's something!!" Then he asked me, "Will you marry me?" I said "Heck ya!"
I am going to be Mrs. Kent sometime in August. I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Now you need to elaborate, you know, all the mushy details (or at least as many as are appropriate).
Details would be nice.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I love your ring...and I agree with Tasha...I want the details!
Yessssssssss!
~Kimberly
Congratulations to you and Preston! We're so excited!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\
When's the happy day?
Post a Comment