Friday, October 10, 2008

Jazmine and I Competing at the World Show

All photo's courtesy of All Things Digital Photography.

I got my pictures from Ava! Enjoy!

Here I am competing on Jazmine in the Out-of-State World Grand Championship. I was the highest placing female and got 4th place. Jazmine and I competing in English Pleasure World Grand Championship. Look at her HUGE reach with her front legs! (The judges like that.)I won reserve (second place) in the English World Grand Championship! I had placed 4th in the qualifying English Pleasure Hunt seat class, so she had improved a lot throughout the week!
The victory lap is a lot of fun, I hope this won't be my last time doing it!

Here I am competing in the Open 3-Year-Olds World Grand Championship. This is such a competitive event, before I went in I was praying I would at least place in the top ten. This event was during the last night of the show, Saturday night. I went in and had the best ride I had had on her all week and I ended up getting 9th! I was so excited to place. The biggest trainers in the breed were in there and all the politics to go along with it. Again I was the highest and only placing female in the class. Her tail set was high, she was almost 100% consistent and she shook her little head off. She's such a fun show horse.
I competed in 7 events at the world show on a horse I trained myself and placed in the top ten of every class. Many of those classes she competed against horses that were much older and more experienced than she was. She also beat a lot of well-known trainers as well. Over-all it was an awesome show and I was very pleased with her performance. We even had a guy offer to buy her right as I came out of the English Pleasure Championship.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, just found your blog! I didnt know you were such a big shot in the horse arena way to go! And the boy you are dating is a cutie too! your cousin, Sara

Tasha L. said...

Lisa,
We loved the pictures. My kids thought it was funny that in every picture of your horse, its legs are in almost the exact same position. Funny.
Aliysa has been dying to see these pictures. Your blog is her favorite. Congratulations
Tasha & fam

LisaLou said...

The reason why her legs are in exactly the same position in the pictures is because that is the exact position foxtrotter people love! Those were the only pictures I bought from the photographer because it shows how correct her gaits are. Good observation though!

Bob L. said...

Lisa,
That sounds a little fishy. Bob just said "sure, Lisa probably just went to one of those photo places with a fake horse, where they can change the backgrounds, and snap your picture."
hmmmm