Tuesday, August 5, 2008
My Boss
My boss is probably the best boss in the world. He spoils us rotten. The week after we got home from the Great Western Horse Show, Stephen wanted us to have a couple of party days. He told the horse team (me, Lacey, Kamille, Bryce, Dallin, and Julia) to all relax one day and go watch 3 movies at the theater and go out to eat and to not worry about the ranch or the horses. Well three movies didn't seem too appealing to 5 A.D.D. people who can barely make it through one movie. So being the spoiled rotten children we are, we asked him if we could instead go to Lagoon for the day. He agreed with our plan and not only did he pay for us to go, he payed us while we were there.
I really wasn't too into Lagoon because I would actually rather be up riding but Lacey and Kamille said that I should bring Preston and suddenly Lagoon sounded a lot more fun. Preston rode in the morning at Coyote Creek and then I came and picked him up and we drove to Farmington together. The rides were so fun. Dallin is so much fun to take on the rides, he gets to go to the front of the line and he screams the WHOLE time! We were cracking up at how funny he is.
Preston doesn't love heights... But one day he told me he wanted to someday do something to defy his fear of heights. Well I remembered that little comment and I made Preston go on the SkyCoaster with me (Ahren, I think you went on this ride a long time ago). For those of you who are not familiar with this ride I will explain. First you have to put on a harness looking thing and they attach you to cables and then you get lifted clear up into the sky. It is kind of like a giant swing. Once you are at the top, you have to pull a cord and you drop for a while and then swing out. It is freaky! Preston screamed. I laughed hysterically. He was so brave to go. You could tell he was really nervous to do it. The things I make that poor boy do... After Lagoon, we went to Texas Roadhouse for some steak. Yum!
So that was our first party. Stephen thought we should have another relax day and he let us go boating, jet skiing, wake boarding, & knee boarding. He told us he wanted us to not worry about a thing and to just lay out on the beach and take as much time on the boat and jet skis that we wanted to. He bought us food and let us take out his super nice, super expensive toys. Oh ya, and we were getting paid.
That was the first time I tried wake boarding (sort of like snowboarding on the water). It took me a couple of tries but I actually got up! I loved it! Knee boarding was really easy and fun. Jet skiing is probably my most favorite thing to do in the water. I got up to 54 MPH out on the lake on those things. We fell off numerous times, it was a blast. The next day I could barely move because I was so sore. We work hard and we play hard.
Anyway, just thought I would make you feel jealous. Have fun at work! ;)
I really wasn't too into Lagoon because I would actually rather be up riding but Lacey and Kamille said that I should bring Preston and suddenly Lagoon sounded a lot more fun. Preston rode in the morning at Coyote Creek and then I came and picked him up and we drove to Farmington together. The rides were so fun. Dallin is so much fun to take on the rides, he gets to go to the front of the line and he screams the WHOLE time! We were cracking up at how funny he is.
Preston doesn't love heights... But one day he told me he wanted to someday do something to defy his fear of heights. Well I remembered that little comment and I made Preston go on the SkyCoaster with me (Ahren, I think you went on this ride a long time ago). For those of you who are not familiar with this ride I will explain. First you have to put on a harness looking thing and they attach you to cables and then you get lifted clear up into the sky. It is kind of like a giant swing. Once you are at the top, you have to pull a cord and you drop for a while and then swing out. It is freaky! Preston screamed. I laughed hysterically. He was so brave to go. You could tell he was really nervous to do it. The things I make that poor boy do... After Lagoon, we went to Texas Roadhouse for some steak. Yum!
So that was our first party. Stephen thought we should have another relax day and he let us go boating, jet skiing, wake boarding, & knee boarding. He told us he wanted us to not worry about a thing and to just lay out on the beach and take as much time on the boat and jet skis that we wanted to. He bought us food and let us take out his super nice, super expensive toys. Oh ya, and we were getting paid.
That was the first time I tried wake boarding (sort of like snowboarding on the water). It took me a couple of tries but I actually got up! I loved it! Knee boarding was really easy and fun. Jet skiing is probably my most favorite thing to do in the water. I got up to 54 MPH out on the lake on those things. We fell off numerous times, it was a blast. The next day I could barely move because I was so sore. We work hard and we play hard.
Anyway, just thought I would make you feel jealous. Have fun at work! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lucky! (Said in my best Napoleon voice)
You're such a cutie, Lisa.
We are VERY jealous. Don't work too hard ok?
So I pretty much think you have the BEST job in the whole world! Hang on to it! ~Brittany
Post a Comment